Nice to meet you!
Ever-evolving we are! Sorry, it’s a little too unrealistic to try to sum up ‘us’ in a paragraph, but maybe we can let you know enough to entice you to join us on this educational and often entertaining journey 😊
We grew up together in small-town Ontario. Down the street from each other actually. Attached at the hip in elementary school; made architectural house layouts in snow and leaves and took turns declaring who our husband picks were for that round of ‘house.’ They ranged from New Kids on the Block to Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell. Don’t ask.
Listen, it was a time of Rocky IV and Backdraft, so no judging people!
We stayed connected over the years as we ventured off to different post-secondary schools to launch Amanda’s teaching and Kristi’s nursing careers; Amanda moved out to the west coast of B.C. while Kristi remained in Ontario near our hometown and our friendship again evolved as we did…thanks to the iPhone, really.
All of sudden we could share our brilliance and creativity with each other whenever we wanted, which, thankfully, had progressed beyond celebrity hubby picks and into the unknown world of entrepreneurship.
But why entrepreneurship when we had solid careers in teaching and nursing???
Bingo. That, essentially, is likely why you’re reading this right now.
You’re one of US!
OK, not too sound creepy and that this is some sort of secret group, but it IS awesome because we all speak the same language here.
Kristi and I truly feel we have a calling.
But how do you go from nursing and teaching to photo-organizers to helping women build and scale their businesses?
Because we are evolving, building up from a foundation of values that continue to help us GROW, LEARN, DISCOVER and CONNECT.
Which is why we’re here.
We keep building upon a knowledge base that has grown over the years and we want to share it with a community that speaks the same language as us – moms and women with a drive to cultivate and bring their passion into successful fruition. Our passion is growing 😊
We are teachers and caregivers at our core. We are knowledge-seekers who love systems that bring us optimal functionality in our lives (and in our photo collections obviously 😊).
We love improving our SELVES, our home, our environment and the overall well-being of our families. And we feel we have a LOT to offer to other women who are also seekers and builders like us.
We like to think of us as your accountability biz besties – because the journey is that much more fun along the way when you have some buddies who have ridiculously good resources and a community of awesome biz-builders alongside you.
It's long, but it's good!
Words from Kristi
Why she's my fave biz partner.
1. I just give her anything I write she magically makes it look beautiful and awesome – I can not write to save my life (and as you'll see, I stole this sentence from her..ha ha..)
2. Grammar and I are NOT friends. She is my go-to 'grammar corrector' at all times of the day. I promise, one day it will stick!
3. Anyone who knows me knows that I named my computer Mac...well, he and I don't always play nice together. Every time I have no idea how to do something on my Mac, she is there to talk me through...even if it's just through text. 😊
4. She is always my voice of reason when I want to blow! Bringing me back to the real reason I might be upset, always helping me through.😉
5. I can say anything to her and she knows it comes from a place of love and honesty. Even if we are complaining about something or someone in particular. She never takes offense.
6. We make each other laugh, I mean like stop what you're doing and cross your legs kinda laughing!! No joke, I've had three babies.
7. I know that no matter what we have going on in our lives, that we are never far from mind and are always on the same page.
8. We complement each other in every way! If I can't do something she can and vice versa.
9. As you will see after reading Amanda's post....she is an awesome writer.
10. She can play solitaire until 3 am like a champ.
11. She is my best friend...one that I grew up calling Man!
Words from Amanda
1. I just give her anything and she magically makes it look beautiful and awesome – brainstorms, procedures, brain dumps.
2. While I’m doing stuff ‘way over here,’ she’s ALWAYS working on other stuff ‘over there’ and ‘over there’ and so on. Even in our ‘quiet state’ we seem to grow because she’s always building for us.
3. I’m the writer. She’s the builder and the ‘sewer.’ (Not to be confused with a sewer??!!) Somehow those random skills really compliment each other so we’re a good team 😊
4. She speaks a language I understand and makes me laugh like “my eyeballs are going to fall out’ so I know how much she worked on our website that day 😉
5. She is so open to learning and I am AMAZED at how much she accomplishes on her phone especially when I say “I’ll get back to that when I’m at my computer.” Again, she’s so good at things I’m not good at and don’t want to do so clearly she is best biz bestie!
6. Makes me laugh - legit out loud – usually daily. Subtle comments when I text her “what’s on your agenda today?” and she responds “changing our lives.” YES!! Who doesn’t want that in a biz bestie?!
7. I’m over here organizing people’s collections and she’s over there building podcasts and website versions and 3 months of Facebook posts and teaching booklets. No big deal. #bestbizbestie
8. She’s a gem. Full stop.
9. Her willingness to learn and share helps me to continue to grow and learn too. Who doesn’t want that?!
10. As serious as our lives can be, we both have a common ability to find humour and sarcasm in almost any situation – many may deem this as inappropriate’ – but we know we’re always in a safe zone to share our thoughts #nofilter together in any situation. #bizbestiesafezone